Intro

My name is Eddie Rowe, (candidate number 9147). I'm a media student at the Latymer School. I am working in group 2 with Mario Louka, (candidate number 9099),and Ignacio Flores (candidate number 9049). To view my work, use the 3 labels on the right named 'A2 Research and Planning', 'A2 Construction', and 'A2 Evaluation'.

Group 2 Music Video

My Music Video

Digipak

My Digipak

Group 2 Website

My Website

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Construction Post 9: My technical learning curve (production and post-production)

The jib was something I had never
used before.
Within the area of production

- I learnt how to use the lighting panel, studio controls, and floor lights
- I learnt how to setup the jib and safely operate it
- I came to realise how small continuity mistakes within the shoot can be blindingly obvious when       coming to edit
- I learnt that time management is key to getting shots successfully



Within the area of post-production

Using masks in after effects.
- I learnt how to make masks look cleaner within Adobe After Effects, (by having the edges fade           rather than sharp edges)
- I learnt how to effectively grade footage to prevent jarring changes in the style between shots
- I became more aware of the need to organise footage into folders and naming them

Thus far I've really learnt a lot about organisational skills. Though I already knew a fair bit about the skills required for the technical side of creating the sequence, the more practical sides of it, such as time management and deciding what we need against what we want, is something I learnt through experience within the project.


No comments:

Post a Comment