Intro

My name is Eddie Rowe, (candidate number 9147). I'm a media student at the Latymer School. I am working in group 2 with Mario Louka, (candidate number 9099),and Ignacio Flores (candidate number 9049). To view my work, use the 3 labels on the right named 'A2 Research and Planning', 'A2 Construction', and 'A2 Evaluation'.

Group 2 Music Video

My Music Video

Digipak

My Digipak

Group 2 Website

My Website

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Construction Post 5: The Back-up shoot

There was a substantial amount of footage we were unable to acquire during our main shoot, for this reason we needed a backup shoot. This was our last chance to get the required footage.
Unfortunately we were put under a bit more pressure due to the fact we were only able to book the studio at lunchtimes, not after school as we preferred.


The main issue to resolve with our shots in this shoot was getting the correct lighting. Thus far we still hadn't managed to get the exact desired effect, the half illumination of the characters faces, much like in film noire productions, such as Sin City.


I mainly took control of the lighting as I had the most experience, and was the only one who had learnt to use the lighting desk.



We also began thinking more about the continuity within our sequence, we began trying to precisely control the cards in play and the number of chips each character had. This was extremely difficult and we never managed to perfect it, however eventually we got a fairly decent accuracy by taking photos of the layout whenever we had to switch props about.

One of the shots we had to change, as it took away the focus on Blake,
 we replaced it with an MCU of Blake, (the character on the right.)
Overall I believe our back up shoot went quite well. Having the list of required shots allowed us to use the time we had more efficiently than if we hadn't made a list. I think we got all the shots we needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment