Intro

My name is Eddie Rowe, (candidate number 9147). I'm a media student at the Latymer School. I am working in group 2 with Mario Louka, (candidate number 9099),and Ignacio Flores (candidate number 9049). To view my work, use the 3 labels on the right named 'A2 Research and Planning', 'A2 Construction', and 'A2 Evaluation'.

Group 2 Music Video

My Music Video

Digipak

My Digipak

Group 2 Website

My Website

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Construction Post 8: My personal contribution to the Edit Sessions

During the first week of editing, I contributed as much of my time as I could, a total of 10 hours editing time.

Firstly I had to transfer the shots from the camera to the pc, and then into the project. I then began giving them their correct shot numbers to allow the group to quickly be able to reference the shots and find them easily.

I also spent a lot of time reviewing the shots to select the best takes for us to use, as well as placing them into the timeline within Premiere Pro, and cutting them to the correct length. I also put in our music and worked on balancing the levels of the sound so that no dialogue was drowned out.

Though I did some work on grading shots, the majority of grading was done by the other group members during the second editing week, for the majority of which I was taken ill.

The grading I did do was mainly testing what sort of values to put into ProcAmp to make the black curtains no longer visible behind the actors, but not ruin the light on the characters, which was difficult in shots where our lighting was not ideal.
The curtains are no longer visible, however he is now too bright
due to having to increase contrast to combat the darkening caused
by reducing the brightness of the shot.
Though I feel I contributed as much as I could have to the editing process, I do feel that had I not been ill I would've been able to do even more to improve our sequence, and this does annoy me.
Nonetheless, the time I did spend editing was very productive, as I was just able to sit down and get work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment