Intro

My name is Eddie Rowe, (candidate number 9147). I'm a media student at the Latymer School. I am working in group 2 with Mario Louka, (candidate number 9099),and Ignacio Flores (candidate number 9049). To view my work, use the 3 labels on the right named 'A2 Research and Planning', 'A2 Construction', and 'A2 Evaluation'.

Group 2 Music Video

My Music Video

Digipak

My Digipak

Group 2 Website

My Website

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Construction Post 7: My personal contributions to the Shoot Sessions

During shoot sessions, I mainly took on the role of organizing lighting, how I did work behind the camera for some time as well. Alistair mainly worked behind the camera, and Iggy mainly organised the shoot board and shot lists, however we rotated the roles somewhat so we all got experience in all areas and found what worked well for us all.

In organizing lighting, I found myself needing to design a studio plan as to where each shot was being taken from, and thus the optimal positions for the floor lights to be located. Initially we only used two floor lights, but by the end we found using four gave the best possible look in terms of shadowing characters.
The studio plan I designed
I also had to use the studio control panel and the leapfrog lighting desk, which I learnt how to use pretty quickly despite seeming quite a daunting task initially.



Overall I believe I contributed a lot to the shoot sessions, despite the first two sessions finding it very difficult to arrange the lighting exactly how we felt it should look. I feel I learnt quite a bit about lighting design from doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment