Intro

My name is Eddie Rowe, (candidate number 9147). I'm a media student at the Latymer School. I am working in group 2 with Mario Louka, (candidate number 9099),and Ignacio Flores (candidate number 9049). To view my work, use the 3 labels on the right named 'A2 Research and Planning', 'A2 Construction', and 'A2 Evaluation'.

Group 2 Music Video

My Music Video

Digipak

My Digipak

Group 2 Website

My Website

Sunday 1 November 2015

R+P Post 3: Music genres that interest me

I enjoy almost all genres of music, however there are some in particular that I listen to more than the rest. I'd say my favourite genres are EDM, Pop, and Classical.

EDM is a very diverse genre, which includes practically all electronic music, however the majority is produced for festivals. My first exposure to the genre was on-line, through the YouTube channel of the Monstercat record label. One of the first tracks I heard, (and one I remember best), was Pegboard Nerds - Disconnected

My interest in pop music is relevant to this due to the face that pop music now has many elements of electronic music in it. One of my favourite pop tracks at the moment is a remake of an old song, and this particularly sums up my interest in pop as it is a clean, electronic pop song:

Felix Jaehn - Ain't Nobody (Loves Me Better) ft. Jasmine Thompson


I grew up with classical music on at home a lot, this due to the fact my parents listened often to Classic FM. Although I don't follow any current classical artists nor do I frequently listen to the genre, I still find it one of the genres I most enjoy when I do happen to listen to it.
Having said that, I can still say my favourite classical composer at the moment is Ludovico Einaudi, whose music seems to have a flow to it that you don't find in traditional classical music.

No comments:

Post a Comment