Intro

My name is Eddie Rowe, (candidate number 9147). I'm a media student at the Latymer School. I am working in group 2 with Mario Louka, (candidate number 9099),and Ignacio Flores (candidate number 9049). To view my work, use the 3 labels on the right named 'A2 Research and Planning', 'A2 Construction', and 'A2 Evaluation'.

Group 2 Music Video

My Music Video

Digipak

My Digipak

Group 2 Website

My Website

Sunday 1 November 2015

R+P Post 10: Album covers that have inspired and influenced my ideas


Calvin Harris' album, 'Motion' has influenced my ideas as he is one of the most notable artists in the EDM genre so his album cover could be expected to reflect it well.

The album cover for this particular album works well with the title 'Motion' as the focal image itself is some sort of object that appears to be moving, like a cloth in wind; the image seems to be based off a picture of a person.





Porter Robinson's two albums, 'Worlds' and 'Worlds Remixed' also are a big inspiration to me. The artwork for the two album covers was spawned through the artwork for his 'Worlds' tour, animations that are shown in the background whilst he performs.
Interestingly, unlike most artists, he acted as his own art director, and searched out particular artists he liked on the blogging website Tumblr in order to create the style he wanted.

In an interview, he stated:
"The company that I worked with on the tour visuals were called ILN - Imaginary Light Network. It's one guy, and he has artists all around the world who will do the first frame, or build a reference illustration; he has other people who are animators, and none of them have met each other ever."

The two album covers share a lot in common, with the same titling, Robinson's logo, and sky and clouds.
However, despite the 'Worlds' cover just having a single hand, the 'Worlds Remixed' cover art has two hands holding each other. This I think reflects the sentimental nature of his music, as the holding hands can be seen as the different musicians working to create something together.
Robinson also inspires me as he commissions extra art to be made and released with each of his albums.

Much of the album artwork I looked at seemed to either involve photography of real people, or photos that had then been edited digitally. I reckon we will definitely go down one of these two routes.

No comments:

Post a Comment