Intro

My name is Eddie Rowe, (candidate number 9147). I'm a media student at the Latymer School. I am working in group 2 with Mario Louka, (candidate number 9099),and Ignacio Flores (candidate number 9049). To view my work, use the 3 labels on the right named 'A2 Research and Planning', 'A2 Construction', and 'A2 Evaluation'.

Group 2 Music Video

My Music Video

Digipak

My Digipak

Group 2 Website

My Website

Monday 21 December 2015

R+P Post 20: My Music Video timeline

We created a timeline for our music video. I drew out the timeline as 10 second sections from the beginning to the end of the song. Above that I drew subsections for each of our setups, i.e. bedroom scene, white scene, yellow scene, etc. These subsections were mainly based upon tempo changes, and somewhat influenced by lyrics and changes in layers of instrumentation.

We then thought it would be a good idea to add post-it-notes onto the timeline to note down our ideas of what should be in each section, be it actions, props, or effects.

The timeline was great for showing us sections (such as that on the last page) where we had fewer ideas and needed to flesh out what we had.

First page
Second page
I feel that creating a timeline was a hugely useful process as it helped us ensure scenes didn't go on too long as we had a visual representation of the length of each one.
Third page
Fourth page
We considered making a timeline on the computer as it would be neater and less cumbersome than the strip of A3 sheets we used, however it felt far more time-efficient using post-it-notes as ideas could be instantly added or discarded and moved around easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment