Intro

My name is Eddie Rowe, (candidate number 9147). I'm a media student at the Latymer School. I am working in group 2 with Mario Louka, (candidate number 9099),and Ignacio Flores (candidate number 9049). To view my work, use the 3 labels on the right named 'A2 Research and Planning', 'A2 Construction', and 'A2 Evaluation'.

Group 2 Music Video

My Music Video

Digipak

My Digipak

Group 2 Website

My Website

Monday 21 December 2015

Construction Post 1: Week 1 Production

For our music video we scheduled six days in which we felt we would be able to shoot all the footage required. In order to try to work in the most


1st Day - 15th November 2015


There were many CU shots that were
relatively easy to get right first time.
In my opinion, the first day of filming ran very smoothly. We got to school at 9 am and planned to start shooting at 11 am were able to get a lot of shooting done way ahead of schedule, I believe this was due to us scheduling more time to be spent on shots than was realistically required. Alongside this, many of the shots were very simple CU pans of things like the book and the headphones.






2nd Day - 16th November 2015

We shot shots for the Mars scene on the second day.
I realised we would have an issue though, in relation to the flag shot. If the flag were created in post, and there was no physical representation when we were shooting, how would Shayam be able to replicate the movement of planting a flag if she didn't know where it started or stopped? There was a mop in the corner of the studio so I suggested we used that, and it enabled Shay to do more realistic movements.
Having Mario hold the mop made it
a lot easier for Shay to keep it vertical.

I noticed another issue however, whereby when Shay planted the flag, (the mop), she would often end up with the pole leaning somewhat. I felt this would be an issue as if we wanted the flag straight upright in post, then it'd be hard to track that to her hand if she was originally holding the mop at an odd angle. For this reason, I asked Mario to hold the pole upright while Shay did the required movement. I realised that in post we'd just have to mask him and the pole out manually.



In hindsight, getting green props or a green suit for Mario would've made this problem a lot smaller of an issue and saved a fair amount of time.

3rd Day - 17th November 2015


When we first filmed shot 4, we didn't
realise Shayam was barefoot.
This 3rd day we mainly used for capturing shots we had missed or needed to re-shoot. The reason we needed to re-shoot quite a few shots was due to the fact none of us had previously noticed that Shayam didn't have socks on for a large number of shots - when she should have. Although this may not have been a notable continuity issue to a lot of people, we felt we should redo those shots.
Once we had noticed, we redid those
shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment