Intro

My name is Eddie Rowe, (candidate number 9147). I'm a media student at the Latymer School. I am working in group 2 with Mario Louka, (candidate number 9099),and Ignacio Flores (candidate number 9049). To view my work, use the 3 labels on the right named 'A2 Research and Planning', 'A2 Construction', and 'A2 Evaluation'.

Group 2 Music Video

My Music Video

Digipak

My Digipak

Group 2 Website

My Website

Tuesday 30 June 2015

4. How do you think your prelim experiences will impact on your approach to next term's music video coursework?

I think the prelim experience has had a significant impact on my approach to next term's music video coursework, in particular I have realised that there are far more variables I will need to take into consideration than I first expected.

Makeup artists.
One particular consideration the prelim work has given me is thinking about cast and crew more. I now know the amount of work that has to be put in to achieve a polished video with good footage, I believe that when approaching next term's music video coursework I may have to get people from outside my group to help with the various cast roles.

1st A.D. - setting up set and organising
the shoot.
The cameraman - framing and recording
the footage.
I also now recognise the importance of planning for the music video. In the prelim work we had multiple documents for lists of shots, timings, who needed to be where and when, and reference images to help both the cameraman frame a shot, and for us to edit. Costume lists and character profile sheets were also very useful especially for the performers, so for next term's music video coursework I'd like to make those sheets for my project too.

Our prelim character profile
and costume/performance
references.
For the actual shoot day next term I know from the prelim work that it will be invaluable to have a strict schedule and timings sheet for the cast and crew to adhere to in order to make sure we start and finish on time whilst still getting the footage we need.
Setup/shot list with
references.

Also I now know to plan the times when we will be able to edit the final video, I've learnt that it's better to give yourself loads of time early on so that you do not have to worry about rushing and being out of time later on during the course of editing, this also allows time for any creative effects to be added, in which case it's especially important to have the extra time as getting the look right can be very time consuming.


A 'behind the scenes' video by Josh Stevenson, one of the runners on the shoot day, gives a great insight into the organisation of space and the progression of the day:


Furthermore, a time-lapse video was shot by Jack Downes, showing off some of the day, especially useful at the beginning as it shows the different cast and crew getting in at their required time, something I will need to take into consideration when planning next term's music video coursework.

No comments:

Post a Comment