Intro

My name is Eddie Rowe, (candidate number 9147). I'm a media student at the Latymer School. I am working in group 2 with Mario Louka, (candidate number 9099),and Ignacio Flores (candidate number 9049). To view my work, use the 3 labels on the right named 'A2 Research and Planning', 'A2 Construction', and 'A2 Evaluation'.

Group 2 Music Video

My Music Video

Digipak

My Digipak

Group 2 Website

My Website

Tuesday 30 June 2015

3. Are you pleased with the footage and your finished edit? Is it how you expected it to look? What works really well and what would you change?

Our finished edit:


Misery Business Remake - Eddie + Mario from Latymermedia on Vimeo.

Overall I am very pleased with the footage we recorded and my finished edit. I think Mario and I did a great job on our edit as it follows the original music video very well, and for the shots we didn't get we managed to improvise and find other shots which fit in well. The footage itself I was very happy with, although there were some shots we were unable to use, the footage we were able to use was to a very good standard. The energetic interaction between the cast members on the set during the filming really added to the feel of the footage we got.

In total we filmed 23 setups with a few takes for each shot. For most shots the framing seemed to mimic the original music video very well. The hand-held camerawork also turned out looking far better than I had expected, some of the quick pans working really well to keep the fast pace of the shots.

Through use of the Luma Corrector, we managed to give our
footage the same over-exposed look as the original music video,
shown in the bottom right corner.
The finished edit is better than I expected it to look as we graded very well and through experimentation managed to (I think very successfully) mimic the flash and over-exposure effects seen in the original music video.
Most of all I think the effects we managed worked really well, especially where shots are transformed and the colouring changed at the same time.





If we were to do this again, I think the only real improvements we could make would be with how we mimicked certain shots. I think this because there were some shots that were actually the wrong way round (due to the original video being flipped), so when we flipped the video in editing, some shots were the wrong way round, even if the "RIOT" text in the background matched the original video. Furthermore, some shots could be planned better, for example the following shot where the camera was being shaken but went too far, showing the studio where it should not have.


No comments:

Post a Comment